Bedford Public Library has a handy new tool for job seekers called JobView. The database serves as an aggregator for job openings within the state of Texas as well as the rest of the country. Position descriptions can be printed, emailed, or sent to your cell phone. The database will automatically route you to the employer’s or program’s website in order to apply.
Other features include:
- Job searches can be statewide or isolated to a specific city.
- The job radius search feature allows you to look for employment within a set distance from the center of a chosen city.
- Search for hourly or part-time positions.
- Search for jobs in specific categories such as Accounting and Finance, Construction/Trades, Government/Military, Hospitality/Travel, Law Enforcement/Security, Non-Profit/Volunteer, Retail, Sales, etc.
- Allows for easy browsing of positions in WorkInTexas without a mandatory prior registration.
- Federal Contractors with Veteran Preference and Work in Texas positions are clearly noted.
- A general search will list all jobs within the category as well as the employer. Click on the position’s title to see the full job description.
- Job listings are updated daily.
JobView can be used on any of the public computers in the library (just click on the desktop icon) or you can access this resource from home.