Tired of having to re-enter your name and barcode number when placing lots of holds in one sitting? Then try this trick:
· Before searching a title log in to your account by using the My Account button from the toolbar in the catalog.
· Then select the Search the Catalog button from the My Account screen.
· This will take you to the main search screen and will indicate in red that you are logged in.
· Now start searching the catalog as you would for any item. When you get to the detail of a title place your hold.
· When you select the Hold button the hold will be executed without you having to login again (that's because you're already logged in).
· You can continue to search the catalog and place successive holds without having to re-login.
· As long as the red “You are logged in” message appears at the top of the screen you can place holds without having to re-enter your information.
· There is a button to return to your Patron Record if needed.
· When you are done it is always a good idea to log out of your patron record by clicking on the Start Over button.
Remember, that holds can only be placed on items that are currently checked out or items that are on order for the library.